How To Measure Your Head
HOW TO MEASURE
1. Before taking head measurements your hair should be prepared exactly how you would want it to be when your Lace Unit is installed. Before you begin taking your measurements, be sure to have your hair lying flat, braided, or pinned up. You can take measurements with or without a wig cap on.
2. Use a soft tape measure when taking the specific measurements in the diagram below, placing the measuring tape just outside of your hairline (since Lace Units are applied outside of the hairline). Be sure to measure a minimum of three times to get the most accurate measurements.
When measuring, DO NOT pull tape measure. Pulling stretches the tape measure will give you an incorrect size.
This measures the distance around your head. Starting at the center of the front hairline, place the tape flat against forehead at your hairline and wrap around your head. The tape should rest behind your ears and also sit on the nape of your neck.
2) Front to nape:
This measures the length of your head from the front hairline to the nape of your neck. Place the tape measure about a 1/2 inch in front of your hairline and measure back to the nape of your neck going over the crown of your head.
3) Ear to ear across forehead:
This measurement measures the width of your forehead. Place tape just in front of your ear at your hairline at sideburns, and measure to your opposite side-burn bringing the tape across your front hairline.
4) Ear to ear over top of head:
This measurement measures the width of the center of your head. Place tape at the point on your hairline next to your ear. And measure across the crown of head to the opposite side stopping at the hairline near your ear.
5) Temple to temple around back of head:
This measure the width of the back of your head. Place tape at the temples on your hairline and then measure across the middle back of the head to the opposite side temple, stopping at the hairline.
6) Nape of neck:
This measures the width of your neck. Place tape at the lowest point on your hairline and measure across the neck to the opposite side